Mindfulness Session 1: September 2017
Offered by LIFT Training Epicenter at Discover Goodwill
About This Event
Live life to its fullest! Learn how to cope with stress, pain and the challenges of everyday life with grace and composure.Course consists of 4 one-hour classes. 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Definition of mindfulness; understand what mindfulness is and is not
- Define what life stressors are in your life today
- Understand how to look at stress positively
- The 7 myths of meditation
- Benefits of mindfulness meditation
- Describe the STOP method
- Understand how fear and stress affect the body
- Learn what it feels like to meditate
LIFT Training Epicenter
1460 Garden of the Gods Rd.,
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Session 1: September 6, September 13, September 20, September 27
$40 for 4 one-hour classes
Bring a friend discount - $10 off your ticket when your purchase 2 or more, enter promo code FRIEND at checkout.
Can't make all of the classes in a single session? No problem, we can work with you. Contact Kristin Amundson for scheduling accommodations at: KAmundson@DiscoverMyGoodwill.org
Location / Venue
- 1460 Garden of the Gods Rd.
- Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Event to Support Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado
Discover Goodwill helps our military veterans, seniors, youth, the economically disadvantaged and those with intellectual or developmental disabilities achieve independence through more than 20 community-based programs and social enterprises.